Employ an Apprentice
Apprenticeships help organisations harness fresh talent, whether through new or existing staff.
By offering apprenticeships, you can ensure your workforce has the practical skills and qualifications your organisation needs to thrive, now and in the future. Apprentices are usually enthusiastic and eager to learn, and a high proportion go into management positions within their company.
The benefits of employing an apprentice
By working with us, you could achieve the following:
- More highly skilled and qualified staff
- A more confident and motivated workforce
- Greater productivity, with the knowledge and skills to work more efficiently
- The ability to keep up with changing best practice in your sector
- Increased employee engagement – your people feel more valued
- The ability to compete with highly skilled competitors
- An awareness of the types of funding you are eligible for, including AGE grants
See our infographic giving ten reasons to hire an apprentice.
Our apprentices are thriving and really enjoying their studies. This is credit to the organisation, design and delivery of the programme delivered by the Babington Group.
Stephanie Mawer, Boots
Why employ an apprentice with Babington?
As one of the UK’s top providers of government funded apprenticeship programmes, Babington has helped hundreds of organisations find effective, affordable ways to enhance performance.
Our proven training methods will help educate, motivate and inspire your staff to learn new skills that enable productivity to soar, and quality and customer experience to reach new heights.
So, what makes us different?
- We understand your challenges, and offer bespoke training packages to meet your needs.
- Our expertise covers a broad range of sectors.
- We offer a full apprenticeship recruitment service, from advertising roles to interviewing candidates.
- We deliver training programmes in your workplace, meaning staff don’t need to travel or take time off.
- We deliver training in line with the specific needs of your organisation.
- We offer nationwide coverage through a network of more than 100 field-based tutors and training advisors.
- Babington has a direct apprenticeship contract with the Skills Funding Agency (SFA), and will assist you with an appropriate grant applicable to your area (with up to £3000 per apprentice).
- Our apprenticeship completion rates are always higher than the national average.
- We are Ofsted grade 2 (with ‘outstanding’ features), and are Matrix and Training Quality Standard accredited.
- When asked, 93% of employers rated the impact of Babington’s training as ‘good’ or ‘excellent’.
We’ve been using Babington now for years, and generally speaking the candidates we receive are good, committed staff that more often than not stay with us a good number of years, working their way through the ranks. Indeed, many of our more senior staff have originated from Babington, and are even training the new apprentices we take on. We have found staff who come on from apprenticeships to be more willing to learn, and easier to train than those who have come from university. All in all, Babington has generally provided us quality staff who are a pleasure to work with and have assisted in growing our company.
Roslyn’s Accounting Company
We can support your organisation with apprenticeships in the following areas:
- Business administration
- Social media and digital marketing
- Customer service
- Property services
- Contact centre operations
- Management and team leading
- Health and social care
- Financial services
Who we’ve worked with
We work with over 2,000 employers to develop workforces through tailored training packages. Here are some of the organisations who have already benefitted from our apprenticeship programmes:
- Boots UK
- Highways Agency
- Chatsworth House
- NFU Mutual
- Acorn Insurance
- Europa Group
- Autonet Insurance
- Kuehne + Nagel
- Synergy Health
- Norbert Dentressangle
- Trident Reach
- AXA Insurance
- Ernst Young
- Age Concern
Everyone I’ve dealt with at Babington has been extremely friendly and helpful. I am very happy with the continued service received by Babington, and would have no hesitation in recommending them.
Amanda Charles, Switalskis Solicitors LLP
How to employ an apprentice
The process is simple:
- Pick up the phone and call us on 01332 613688.
- One of our experienced business development managers will visit you with a view to understanding your requirements, and determine if there is any government funding or grants available.
- Our dedicated recruitment team will send you candidates that have been assessed and deemed a perfect fit for you.
- You select the candidate that is the most appropriate for the vacancy and employ them.
- A qualified training advisor delivers the apprenticeship in line with your goals and national standards.
- We support you and your apprentice throughout the programme.